What We Did:
Creative Art Direction
Strategy and Planning
WordPress development, maintenance, training, and Support
Armagh Observatory and Planetarium required a simple yet stylish site that both created an ideal customer experience and drove organic traffic from its wide-ranging target audience. With customers in mind, it was important to plan and structure the site design around the core pillars of the organisation. Putting user experience at the forefront of it all and creating simple, quick navigation to specific areas of interest was key in the design.
- Simple navigation – The information architecture for the Armagh Planetarium & Observatory website is designed to deliver relevant information to users in the most efficient and pleasant way. Easy navigation from the menu to key areas on the site is crucial. Thus, enabling the wide variety of users to find the information they require quickly and efficiently.
- SEO – On-page and technical SEO undertaken during development helps to drive organic traffic continuously to the site.
- Clear CTA’s – Signposts to encourage website visitors to ‘book now’, ‘donate’, and ‘sign-up’ to the newsletter are clearly featured throughout the website. These call-to-action buttons clearly inform visitors of what they are expected to do next.
- WordPress & WooCommerce CMS – The site was developed within the WordPress platform and our WooCommerce experts have ensured the online shopping journey is optimised to sell products. The content management system is simple to use, ensuring Armagh Planetarium’s administrators can easily add and update event details, show times and news stories, as well as adding and modifying products in the online store. Keeping the website content fresh and up-to-date.
- One Page Checkout Process – To provide a streamlined experience for users a one page checkout was a must have feature. Users have the option of two payment methods credit or debit cards. The system also accepts vouchers and promotional codes. Just one payment page contains all the basic information needed for an order. Saving a lot of time for customers.
- Social Media Integration – Armagh Planetarium’s social media was integrated within the website to encourage more followers and increased engagement. The social media feed on the ‘homepage’ also helps to ensure that the content on the website is kept current.