Email marketing is the use of email to promote products and services, but most importantly, it is the use of email to develop relationships with potential customers and clients.
Email marketing is one segment of digital marketing, including social media, blogs and marketing via websites.
Used efficiently, email marketing enables businesses to keep their customers informed by personalising their messages to each customer.
Take a look at some of our email marketing statistics below.
- 71% of mobile purchases are influenced by emails from the retailer.
- Email accounts as the biggest source of traffic to eCommerce sites after organic.
- 80% of consumers like it when they receive retail emails that recommend products to them based on previous purchases.
- Users who read one welcome email will go on to open at least 40% of emails from the same brand in the following 180 days.
- Despite the above fact, only 51% of the UK’s top eCommerce brands are sending dedicated emails!