In this blog, our Project Manager and Web Developer Matthew takes a look at CSS vs SCSS.
CSS and SCSS (Sassy CSS)
Welcome Sassy CSS!
SCSS is the perfect addition to CSS, allowing for additional leverage and syntax, and much more.
To highlight the key benefits of SCSS, I have listed them below:
- ability to define variables;
- ability to define mixins (groups of CSS declarations);
- ability to write mathematical and operational functions;
- additional (and nested) syntax;
- minification and concatenation (compressed and combined CSS files); and
- autoprefixing (out of the box cross-browser support).
I could go on… but I’ll save that for a future post.
Project Manager and Developer